spin


Friday, March 24, 2017

A Disciple’s prayer


Heavenly Father, I come before You this day as your son/daughter. I desire to know You with my mind, to love You with my heart, to experience Your presence in those I meet today, and bring your love to those most in need.

Guide me this day, that I may be a beacon of light for others. Purify me, that I may be free from all self centered motivations and from anything that would prevent your light from shining through me. I am Yours to form and use according to Your will.

My God, I believe in You, hope in You and love You above all else. Keep me always faithful to you and never let me be apart from you.

Mary, I ask you as my Mother, to intercede for me and bring me closer to the heart of Jesus. Teach me, Mary how to pray, serve and sacrifice so as to reveal the mercy of your Son more deeply in our broken world. Help me to follow His will and pray for me, that like you, I would trust without knowing, believe without seeing and love without seeking a reward.

I ask this in the name of Jesus Christ, our Lord. Amen.


(Prayer composed by Fr. Jeremiah Myriam Shryock, CFR, for the Associates of Shepherds Café, Dallas, TX)

No comments:

Post a Comment