spin


Tuesday, September 6, 2016

A Pencil in the Hands of God


It has been just a simple surrender, a simple yes’ to Christ in allowing Him to do what He wants.  The hand tells the pencil and the pencil obeys.  That is why the work is His work.  I’m just a little pencil in His hand.  Tomorrow, if He finds somebody more helpless, more stupid, more hopeless, I think He will do still greater things with her and through her.

 

My own Jesus, do with me as You wish – as long as You wish without a single glance at my feelings and pain.  I am your own.  Imprint on my soul and life the sufferings of Your Heart.

- Saint Teresa of Calcutta

 

Born: August 26, 1910

Died: September 5, 1997

Beatified: October 19, 2003 by Pope Saint John Paul II

Canonized: September 4, 2016 by Pope Francis

in the Holy Year of Mercy

 

© 2016 Community of the Franciscans of the Renewal

 

www.franciscanfriars.com | fromthefriars.blogspot.com

 

 

The pencil image in front is an adaptation from the photo of Marie Constantin © 2003 drawn by Bro. Diego Joseph, CFR on the occasion of Saint Teresa of Calcutta’s canonization







.

No comments:

Post a Comment