spin


Monday, April 25, 2016

Identity Purpose Destiny

The four Gospels present an attractive and multi-faceted image of Jesus. Clearly he knew who he was - true God & true man. Clearly he knew why he was here - his messianic mission of salvation. Clearly he knew where he was going - back to the house of the Father. Jesus knew his identity, his purpose and his destiny.

If we have faith in Jesus, a vibrant personal relationship with him, we will know our identity, purpose and destiny. The gift of our faith helps us to know who we are - beloved children of God the Father. The working of grace helps us to know why we are here - to witness to the truth in love. Our hope is a compass that reminds us of our destiny - to heaven our true home!



There was a time when I did not know Jesus. I did not know who I was, why I was here or where I was going. I was like a little ship that had no sail, no rudder. I was simply afloat on the sea of life being pulled this way and that by the winds and the waves.

Faith is like a sail which catches the wind of God's grace. A rudder is like free-will which gives direction. Together they will bring us home.

+ Fr. Luke Mary Fletcher, CFR
Yonkers, NY
--------------------------------------------------

https://soundcloud.com/franciscan-friars/identity-purpose-destiny


No comments:

Post a Comment