spin


Friday, November 4, 2011

A Collection of prayers IV.

Whether I realize it or not I am constantly longing for You. My mind hungers for Your peace and my heart refuses anything but Your presence. I am numb without You, frozen in time, waiting for You to touch me and bring me back to life.

Where could I go if You were not here?  I could not find You on my own nor could I discover something more beautiful than You.  I have searched and found words, turned words into sentences, and sentences into poetry, only to become bored by its rhyme and meter.  But in Your Passion You have burned those pages and now You are the poet leading me into eternity.

Without You Lord my life is a tragedy, for in Your sonnets You have revealed to me the love that I yearn for.


God bless you,

Fr. Jeremiah Myriam Shryock, CFR
St. Felix Friary, Yonkers, New York

No comments:

Post a Comment